Custom Fine Art and Fantasy Animal PortraitsSo Many Pawsibilities!
With input from you I can create both traditional and character portraits of your favorite pets or animals.
The Process Works Something Like This:
- Let me know a little bit about what you want and the subject. Knowing a few things like personality, habits, and favorite toys, etc. can help develop an original character. Do you want a 15th century noble dog? A fantasy wizard cat? If you are not sure, I would be happy to offer suggestions. I'm open to special requests but will not always be able to take them on.
- Send some photos. Best results are from good quality photos that have minimal camera distortions
- Select a size and medium for the work. My portrait commissions are acrlylic paint, digital paint, or pencil.
- I send you a brief artist contract outlining the work to be done, other terms, and the price - work can commence once a deposit is made.
- I send you a preliminary (rough sketch) of the work for characters. For traditional portraits I will typically send a photoshoped image with the basic composition and background colour. We can discuss any changes or suggestions before the painting or drawing begins.
- I send you some updates as work progresses before sending a picture of the final work.
- Once you give the okay and final payment is made your portrait is mailed to its destination.
My prices for commissioned work vary with size and may vary with number of subjects and complexity. Additional adjustments may be made on price for rushed deadlines or extra work. The price of any project will be agreed to before moving forward. If you have a special request or multiple subjects please contact me for an estimate. Typically, the prices for commissions are as follows:
8" x 10" - $400 (CAD) ($300 for digital work)
9" x 12" - $450
11" x 14" - $500
16" x 20" - $550
Please note that shipping costs are payed by the client and are not included in this price. Before starting any commissioned artwork a non-refundable deposit of 50% is required.
Turn around time for artwork is usually about 2 weeks. Soft and hard deadlines can be discussed before work begins. Please note that the holiday season is a busy time - if you would like to guarantee a commission spot set your commission up well in advance (Oct or early Nov is best but I can sometimes fit in additional work in December). Remember to plan ahead for shipping times if you need your commission by a specific date
Some pet portrait character commissions become prints available at shows and in my online shop. Traditional portraits are not typically made into prints for sale but all portraits may be used as examples and promotional artworks. If you would like to purchase prints of your finished artwork this may be possible (but some artworks are difficult to reproduce as quality prints). Unless otherwise stated the artist retains the usage rights to their artwork.
If you have a commercial art or illustration project please contact me. Note that my portrait rates do not apply to commercial works and project costs can be expected to be higher than my commission rate with usage rights discussed before project commences.